LET’S GET STARTED
- 1 How To Do Keyword Research For YouTube
- 2 Must-have YouTube keyword tools for every content creator
- 3 CONCLUSION
- 4 FAQS
Are you frustrated that your YouTube videos aren’t getting any views? If so, it’s time to do some keyword research!
Understanding the right keywords is like finding the hidden treasure map that leads people to your videos. In this easy-to-follow guide on “How To Do Keyword Research For YouTube,” I will show you the simple steps to pick the right words that people are searching for.
Imagine having more people find and watch your videos just because you used the right words! So, if you want to make your videos popular, keep reading, and I will show you how!
How To Do Keyword Research For YouTube
Before coming to how to do keyword research for YouTube, let’s first see what is keyword research.
Keyword research is the process of finding and analyzing the keywords that people are using to search for.
But, is keyword research for YouTube as same as any search engine?
The answer is NO!
I have searched for SEO on YouTube here.
Now I have searched for SEO on Google.
you can see that suggestions are different by both YouTube and Google. This is the reason we should have the right knowledge of how to do keyword research for YouTube.
Here you will have a solid understanding of keyword research and how to use it to grow your YouTube channel.
Select a topic first
The first step in keyword research for YouTube is to select a topic. What do you want to make videos about? What are you passionate about? What do you know a lot about? Once you have a topic in mind, you can start to narrow it down further.
For example, if you’re interested in cooking, you could make videos about specific recipes, cooking techniques, or kitchen gadgets.
Like shown below.
Or, if you’re interested in gaming, you could make videos about walkthroughs, reviews, or gameplay.
The key is to choose a topic that you’re interested in and that you know something about is essential for how to do keyword research for YouTube. This will make it easier for you to create high-quality content that people will want to watch.
Once you’ve chosen a topic, move to the next step of auto complete feature of YouTube.
Look at autocomplete feature of YouTube
One of the easiest ways to how to do keyword research for youtube videos is to use the autocomplete feature of YouTube. When you start typing a keyword into the YouTube search bar, YouTube will suggest a list of related keywords. These keywords are based on what other people are searching for on YouTube.
For example, if you start typing the keyword “how to make a cake,” YouTube might suggest keywords like “cake recipe with egg,” “cake recipe maida,” or “cake recipe in the oven”
These are all keywords that people are searching for on YouTube, so they’re good keywords to target for your own videos.
You can also use the autocomplete feature to find long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are more specific than short-tail keywords, and they’re often easier to rank for. For example, instead of targeting the keyword “cake recipe,” you could target the keyword “chocolate cake recipe for beginners.” This is a more specific keyword, so it will be easier to rank for.
Analyze your competitor
In addition to using the autocomplete feature of YouTube, you can also analyze your competitors to find keywords for your own videos. Look at the videos that are already ranking well for your target keywords and see what keywords they’re using in their titles, descriptions, and tags.
I will take my example for making it more clear. My competitors are reputed companies who help to grow the business. So I will look at what my competitors are uploading for gaining the user’s attention.
Look at the image provided by me below of one of my competitors. If my competitor is using these kinds of titles then I have to use similar titles as these topics are loved by the audience of my niche.
Here are some tips that you can use for analyzing your competitors:
1. Look at the titles, descriptions, and tags of competitors’ top-ranking videos. See what keywords they’re using in their titles, descriptions, and tags.
2. Use the keywords that your competitors are using. If your competitors are ranking well for a certain keyword, it’s a good bet that that keyword is a good one to target for your own videos.
3. Don’t just copy your competitors’ keywords. You want to use keywords that your competitors are using, but you don’t want to just copy them. Try to find new and unique keywords that your competitors aren’t using.
4. Use a variety of keywords. Don’t just target one or two keywords for your videos. Try to use a variety of keywords so that you can target a wider audience.
SO, anlayze your competitor if you really want to know how to do keyword research for YouTube.
Make use of the YouTube keyword research Tool
Lastly, you can also use YouTube keyword research tools to find the right keywords for your videos. Using YouTube keywords that searched by most of the people is essential for ranking videos and one of the step of how to do keyword research for YouTube.
When using a YouTube keyword research tool, it’s important to keep the following in mind:
1. Relevance: The keywords you choose should be relevant to your topic and to the content of your video.
2. Search volume: The search volume is the number of times a keyword is searched for each month. You want to choose keywords with a high search volume so that your videos will be seen by more people.
3. Competition: The competition is the number of other videos that are already ranking for the keyword. You want to choose keywords that are not too competitive so that you have a better chance of ranking for them.
BONUS TIPS 😀
Here are some tips for using YouTube keyword research tools:
- Use multiple tools. No single tool is perfect, so it’s a good idea to use multiple tools to get a more comprehensive view of the keywords that are relevant to your topic.
- Be patient. Keyword research can take some time, so don’t expect to find the perfect keywords overnight. Keep researching and experimenting until you find a set of keywords that works for you.
- Use the keywords in your titles, descriptions, and tags. The most important place to use your keywords is in your video titles. You should also use your keywords in your descriptions and tags.
- Update your keywords regularly. The landscape of YouTube is constantly changing, so it’s important to update your keywords regularly. This will help make sure that your videos are still showing up in search results for the keywords that are relevant to your topic.
Must-have YouTube keyword tools for every content creator
YouTube keyword tools for every content creator are the tools that can help you find the right keywords to use in your videos. They are important because the keywords you use will determine how likely your videos are to show up in search results. In this section you will learn how to find keywords for YouTube by using YouTube keyword tools.
There are a number of different YouTube keyword tools available, but not all of them are created equal. Some of the best YouTube keyword tools for content creators include:
TubeBuddy is a free browser extension that offers a variety of features for YouTube creators, including keyword research. It’s a great option for content creators who are on a budget or who are just starting out.
To use TubeBuddy for keyword research, simply type a keyword into the TubeBuddy search bar. TubeBuddy will then show you a list of related keywords, as well as information about each keyword, such as its search volume, competition, and trendiness.
Look at the following image given below.
If you’re looking for a free and powerful YouTube keyword tool, TubeBuddy is a great option. It’s easy to use and it offers a variety of features that can help you grow your YouTube channel.
Keyword Tool for YouTube
Keyword Tool for YouTube is a paid keyword research tool that can help you find the right keywords to use in your YouTube videos. It offers a variety of features, including:
A large database of keywords: Keyword Tool for YouTube has a large database of keywords, including long-tail keywords and trending keywords.
Keyword difficulty: The keyword Tool for YouTube shows you the difficulty of each keyword, so you can choose keywords that are not too competitive.
Keyword suggestions: The keyword Tool for YouTube suggests related keywords, so you can find even more keywords to use in your videos.
Exportable reports: Keyword Tool for YouTube allows you to export your keyword research data into a CSV file, so you can easily track your progress.
To use VidIQ’s keyword research feature, simply enter a keyword into the search bar. VidIQ will then show you a list of related keywords, as well as information about each keyword, such as its search volume, competition, and trendiness.
VidIQ also offers a few unique features that can be helpful for keyword research, such as:
Keyword suggestions: VidIQ suggests related keywords, so you can find even more keywords to use in your videos.
Competitor analysis: VidIQ can help you analyze your competitors’ videos and see what keywords they are using. This can be helpful for finding keywords that are relevant to your topic but that are not too competitive.
Keyword tracking: VidIQ can track the performance of your keywords over time, so you can see what’s working and what’s not. This information can help you make adjustments to your keyword strategy as needed.
The process of “How To Do Keyword Research For YouTube” is simpler than you think and the key to unlocking those much-desired views. Start with selecting a topic, explore YouTube’s autocomplete feature, analyze your competitor, and make wise use of the YouTube keyword research tool. Incrementors can take this strategy to the next level, boosting your rankings and maximizing your reach.
If you feel stuck and want a tailored solution, why not book a 30-minute strategy session with us? Let’s turn those frustrations into success and make your content shine. Your path to YouTube success is just a click away!
1. What is keyword research, and why is it important for YouTube?
Keyword research is the process of finding words and phrases that people are searching for on YouTube. It helps content creators target their videos to specific audiences, making them more discoverable and increasing views.
2. How do I select a topic for keyword research?
Start by identifying subjects related to your content that have a strong interest among your target audience. Using tools like Google Trends or YouTube’s autocomplete feature can help you gauge the popularity of different topics.
3. What is the autocomplete feature of YouTube, and how can it help?
YouTube’s autocomplete feature suggests search terms as you begin typing in the search bar. These suggestions are based on popular searches, and they can give you insights into what viewers are looking for, helping you choose the right keywords for your videos.
4. How can I analyze my competitors on YouTube?
Analyzing competitors involves looking at their video titles, descriptions, and tags to understand which keywords they’re targeting. Tools like TubeBuddy or VidIQ can help you gain insights into your competitors’ strategies.
5. How do I make use of YouTube keyword research tools?
YouTube keyword research tools like Keyword Tool or YouTube Analytics can provide valuable data on keyword search volume, competition, and trends. By using these tools, you can identify the most effective keywords to include in your video titles, descriptions, and tags.