LET’S GET STARTED
If you are just starting up your new eCommerce business or any other small business, you must need social media marketing to boost your business.
Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin… all these channels are the goldmine for getting the opportunities to market your business.
But… there is one more channel that may help you market your business on large scale.
Do you even know… 82% of B2B content marketers who uses social media to market, also recommend Twitter to distribute content?
And… we all know Twitter is much more complex and challenging with its character limits.
However, to go with the right strategy on Twitter…
You must understand some data, facts, and statistics.
And… these statistics will help you create the right marketing strategy for Twitter.
So, let’s get started:
Amazing Facts About Twitter
Now, you are going to get some amazing facts about Twitter that will direct your marketing strategy in the right direction.
General Facts About Twitter
1. There are more than 229 million daily active users on Twitter.
2. 59.2% of users on Twitter are between the age of 25 to 49 years old.
3. 28.8% of users are female and 71.2% of users are male on Twitter.
4. An average user spent 3.39 minutes on Twitter.
5. The annual revenue of Twitter in the year 2021 was more than $5 billion.
6. One of the most popular accounts on Twitter is, @BarackObama
7. YouTube is the most popular brand account on Linkedin.
8. Twitter is the 9th most visited website across the globe.
9. 42% of Twitter users have a college degree.
10. 391 million accounts don’t have even a single follower.
11. 69% of users in the US say they get news from Twitter.
12. There are 500 million tweets sent per day by March 2021.
13. 74% of Americans are there on Twitter for Entertainment.
14. The United States Ad revenue reached $785 million.
15. Twitter is quite popular among B2B marketers with 67% of B2B marketers using Twitter.
16. The user base jumped by 21% after Twitter banned Donald Trump.
17. 46% of users claimed that Twitter helped them understand world events quite better.
18. Twitter turned 15 in March 2021.
19. Twitter has suspended more than 44,000 accounts for promoting terrorism.
20. The most tweeted emojis of 2020 were 😂 and 😭
User Stats And Facts About Twitter
1. Twitter has 396.5 million users globally.
This might seem less because Facebook and Instagram have users in Billion. But Twitter has loyal audience followers.
Means… they keep on coming back to the platform.
In fact, Twitter has 206 million daily active users.
2. 52% of tweets came from Gen-Z in 2020.
You might be wondering what is this Gen-Z.
Gen-Z is the people born between (1997-2012). Twitter has reported that 52% of tweets came from Gen-Z.
This is ofcourse a positive sign about the young generation is highly active on Twitter.
3. Almost half of the Twitter audience gets the news daily.
This data might not be very surprising as most Americans are searching for news sources outside of regular outlets.
4. An average adult from the US spent 6 minutes a day on Twitter.
There are some data available that show an average US adult spent more than 6 minutes per day on Twitter.
See the graph below:
5. 96% of Twitter users in the US claim to use Twitter on a regular basis.
96% of users report that they only visit Twitter once a month. Only 52% of users claim they use Twitter every day, while 84% say they do so once a week.
6. The site is visited by one-fifth of Twitter users under 30 too frequently to keep up with them.
This data is useful & important for marketers. This data is enough to help them build an attractive marketing campaign.
7. US users make up the platform’s greatest audience with 77 million users.
This data is lodged by some new reports. Japan is in the second number with 58 million users from there.
Twitter Advertising & Marketing Statistics
The data and statistics provided below would show you why Twitter is the best platform for advertising and marketing and why you should run ads there.
1. People see Twitter ads for 26% longer.
You might be wondering if Ads are everywhere. Marketers can run ads on any platform…
But one must not forget that people are more likely to watch ads on Twitter according to the latest report.
2. Global Ad Engagement on Twitter Has Increased by 35% Year Over Year.
Twitter’s worldwide ad interaction has increased by 35% year over year, making it even more appealing for marketers to create Twitter advertising.
This has made brands and marketers get interested in Twitter more and more.
3. The lowest CPM of all the main platforms is on Twitter.
The ads are very cheap on Twitter as compared to any other social media platform. $6.46 is the average CPM. Compared to Pinterest, which charges $30.00 CPM, this is 78% less.
4. Twitter’s ad revenue has surpassed $1.41 billion, up 22%. YOY
Running Ads on Twitter has increased surprisingly and it is expected to be increased even after the year 2022.
It is time to switch to Twitter to get higher brand awareness and a loyal customer base.
5. 5.8% of adults over the age of 13 worldwide see Twitter advertisements.
Although this isn’t the greatest number, it’s crucial to keep in mind that Twitter is a somewhat specialized network and that, depending on your brand, 5.8% of users may be your engaged target group.
6. Twitter is Used by 82% of B2B Content Marketers.
82% of B2B companies use Twitter for marketing purposes.
A lot of businesses have turned to Twitter to share the latest content, promote offerings and connect with the target audience.
This is one of the most shocking facts about Twitter.
If you run a firm, there’s a significant likelihood that your rivals are already present and fostering such connections.
7. 79% of users of Twitter follow brands.
79% of customers follow brands to get the most recent information.
The truth is that a lot of businesses offer interesting and educational material, and their followers love to support them by connecting with them.
8. Compared to other social media channels, Twitter generates a 40% higher ROI.
Compared to other social media channels, Twitter generates a 40% higher ROI.
You’ll want to see a return on your investment if you’re going to put time and effort into anything.
9. If marketing launches on Twitter, brands are 2.3 times more likely to meet KPIs.
The data indicates that when businesses introduce new items on the platform, they have a 2.3x greater chance of meeting their KPIs.
Check to determine if it holds true for your company before assuming it does.
10. In Q4 2021, Twitter’s advertising income reached $1.412.937, an increase of 24% over Q3 2021.
11. Official Q4 2021 data show a 39% year-over-year rise in cost per engagement (CPE).
12. Due to a mix change toward lower funnel ad formats and 15-second video views, which, although having a higher cost per engagement (CPE), often have lower engagement rates, the overall number of ad engagements fell by 12%.
13. Q4 2021 revenue reached $1.57 billion, with ad revenue of $1.41 billion, both up 22% year over year.
1. More than 162,000 people downloaded the Twitter app for iOS in the UK.
Twitter users in the UK tend to like the iPhone a little more.
Only 150,000 Android app downloads have been made compared to over 162,000 for the iOS version of the Twitter app.
2. The Most Popular Age Group on Twitter Worldwide Is 25 to 34 Years Old.
To determine whether Twitter is a preferred medium for your audience, below is a summary of Twitter’s global age distribution:
- Ages 13 to 17: 6.6% of users
- Age 18–24: 17.1% of users
- 25 to 34-year-olds of users, 38.5%
- 35 to 49 years old: of users, 20.7%
- 17.1% of users are 50 or older.
3. 70.4% of Twitter’s users are men, making up the majority of its user base.
Twitter is the place to be for businesses with products geared toward men.
Only 29.6% of Twitter’s users are female, compared to 70.4% of men.
That is a significant gap! However, when only the UK’s user base was included, there were 58.5% men and 41.5% women.
4. 46% of Twitter users in the US say they log in every day.
5. Twitter is used by 6.45 million Canadian adults.
6. Only 18% of Twitter users are from rural areas, compared to 27% who reside in metropolitan areas.
7. Number of annual Twitter total users
Twitter Financial Statistics
1. The $35 billion Twitter net worth as of January 2022.
2. In 2021, Twitter generated $5.08 billion in revenue overall.
3. Twitter’s revenue in Q4 2021 was $1.57 billion.
4. US Twitter had $885 million in revenue in Q1 2021.
5. In Q4 2021, Twitter’s international revenue reached $683 million.
6. In Q4 2021, the cost per engagement (CPE) rose 39% over the previous year.
Twitter revenue per year
Fun Facts About Twitter
1. Democrats are more likely to be Twitter users in the United States than Republicans.
2. Nearly 500 million individuals use Twitter each month without logging on.
3. Justin Beiber is the most followed musician on Twitter with 114.4 million users.
4. Ronaldo is the most followed sportsperson on Twitter with 92.1 million users.
5. On Twitter, the typical user has 707 followers.
6. On Twitter, 19% of users will unfollow a brand because of improper hashtag usage.
7. Currently, China, Iran, North Korea, and Turkmenistan all prohibit access to Twitter.
8. GIFs in tweets increase engagement by 55% over those without. However, GIFs are barely present in 2% of Tweets.
9. One of the most popular social networks for news consumption is Twitter.
10. Even if they don’t use it, 90% of Americans are familiar with Twitter.
|YEAR||Net profit / loss ($mm)|
So, these are the facts about Twitter that would help you create an effective marketing campaign and generate high brand awareness.
The data and statistics provided above will help you choose how an audience needs to be targeted on Twitter.
The data and statistics are based on proper research by our SEO experts.
If you have any doubts or queries, you can just comment down below in the comment section and I will reply for sure!