Bing is the property of Bill Gates. It is a product of Microsoft Corporation which serves as a search engine [SE] in the internet world. Previously it was know by the names Windows Live search or MSN search [Microsoft Network search] but on May 28th, 2009 it got its new name i.e. Bing. Today Bing is the second most popular search engine.
Products by Bing
Akin to Google, Bing also provides a great range of various online services which include web search, pictures, videos, news, map, emails [hotmail, windows mail], translator and lot more. Its amazing picture and video search experience fascinate customers most which includes its ‘video preview’ feature too.
For SEO Pros
While considering organic traffic from SEs an SEO pro can never forget Bing. Its webmaster tool really helps to improve site ranking and traffic. Until now it was a common trend to optimize site according to Google and leaving rest SEs without much care perhaps because Google was a great leader. But according to current trends and rapid growth of Bing, Google is feeling some pricking in its heel. Microsoft is spending really much to compete in search market with Google and to empower Bing.
These recent trends have attracted SEO Pros to scoop-up organic traffic from Bing. According to sources Bing visitors are tend to have less internet knowledge than Google users, this fact promote their [Bing users’] chances to click on ads and to involve in online shopping etc. On the other hand Google users are mostly researchers and geeks. So it is right time to invest time and energy in SEO planning for Bing.
Bing vs Google
What led us to compare these two search engines are their different strategies to rank and display results. Though, we accept the fact Google is still leading.
- Google has more massive link popularity and diversity. On other side Bing is supporting new and younger domains too.
- Google focuses on keywords in the body of the article but Bing focuses on keywords in Title. In short terms Google analysis a webpage more deeply while ranking than Bing.
- Inbound anchor text is a major ranking factor in Bing as compared to Google while deciding result rank.
- For mobile devices Google is far better option than Bing.
- CTR rates of Bing are significantly lower than Google.
- Bing is default search engine in Internet Explorer [IE], which comes as standard in Window OS. People want to stay away from IE so they prefer Google chrome or Firefox where Google is a default SE.
Key Points Regarding Bing
- In July 29, 2009 there occurred a Bing-Yahoo! Deal for 10 years, according to which Yahoo!’s search engine will be replaced by Bing. For first five years 88% of the total revenue from ad sales etc will be taken by Yahoo!.
- Daily Bing displays a new background image of any important place, animal etc. This might appear significant point but yet it is popular among users.
- By enhanced view feature third party site information is now displayed inside the Bing.
- On May 10th, 2012 it was integrated with Facebook.
- In this year i.e. in 2013 Apple dropped Google as its default search engine and chose Bing.
- PPC service is provided by Microsoft adCentre.
It would not be false if we say Bing is something with long pockets and big dreams. Akin to Google it also powers many small search engines like Ask, Gopher etc. As an independent search engine it still has to go too far. But at the same time its potential and future possibilities of earning cannot be denied.